Kitchen can't take the heat
19.03.06: THE IDEAL Home Exhibition at Earl's Court had to be closed temporarily when a visitor was attacked and injured by the kitchen of a smart house exhibit.
John Roberts, 57, said he entered the kitchen to see if its nutritional advice system would offer some insights on what foods he should be eating.
However, instead of helping Roberts prepare the low-salt, low-cholesterol meal he requested, the intelligent mixing bowl mysteriously malfunctioned and began to send food flying around the kitchen, eventually hitting the hapless visitor in the face with a carrot.
The organisers eventually had to turn off the power supply to the entire exh